February 2014 Board Minutes
North Dallas Texas Democratic Women
Monday, February 3, 2014
17221 Earthwind Dr., Dallas, TX
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 p.m.
Attending: Nancy Brumley, Carol Jablonski, Trudy Hess, Mary Jane Stevenson, Evelyn Roberson and Lenna Webb
Minutes: Lenna read the minutes from the January 13, 2014 board meeting. The following corrections to minutes were made:
1) Under TDW Star Awards nominees, Mary Jane Stevenson name needed to be added.
2) Under Programs Report Section, Bob Clayton should be changed to George Clayton.
Also the minutes from the November 11, 2013 meeting were read and approved unanimously by the board.
Treasurer’s Report: Lenna reported that currently the club has $8302.09 in cash on hand and $350 in outstanding expenses ($250 for Abused Women Charity and $100 for TDW Star Award fee). After these outstanding expenses are paid the Balance remaining in club account will be $7952.09. We will also have about $630 in upcoming expenses that we expect to owe TDW for their portion of club dues and some postage expenses for Candidates Forum. Outstanding receivables from Candidate Forum are expected to bring in income of about $800 to $900.
Lenna will obtain 2012 figures from 2012 meeting minutes and add to budget because of problems with the 2012 data file.
Resignation: Carol announced that Glenda Pasley resigned as Membership Chair effective immediately.
1) Under Article 7, Section 2 regarding online voting , it was voted unanimously by the board to add the following language to the end of this section: “…and requires a majority vote of entire board to pass”.
2) Under Article 1, Section 3 regarding treasurer duties in providing financial reports, board voted unanimously to change the end of the second sentence from” and Membership Meetings” to “and General Members Meeting”.
3) Lenna presented copies of the constitution from 11/11/13 board meeting with her suggested changes for the Board to review. Lenna’s review copy of the constitution was unanimously approved by the board with the above 2 changes.
Membership Report: Lenna reported that we currently have 60 members.
Budget/Fundraiser: Planning for a May or June fundraiser was discussed. It was decided to try and get Senator Leticia Van de Putte. to speak and receive our second annual Women Warriors award and try to get Wendy Davis to present the award. It was decided to try and get the Lakewood Country Club again. Lenna will look into getting Maricela Moore or someone else to be our sponsor at the country club. Lenna will also contact Leticia Van de Putte’s office to confirm if she can speak and what is best date for the event. Lenna suggested we need a committee for this fundraiser and asked for volunteers.
Speakers: Speaker for March is open.
Other: Lenna on her own is planning to host a hospitality suite called the Ladies Room at the State Democratic Party Convention. She wanted permission to run the money through our club accounts because we are a PAC. The board unanimously approved with the stipulation that this event is not being sponsored by NDTDW and our club is not financially responsible for any costs associated with the “Ladies Room” hospitality suite.
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 8:50 PM.